We believe in the power of every person!
We also believe that every person and every interaction matters.
We hope you do too.
The essence and heart of diversity and inclusion centers on the belief that everyone matters and the more we understand, the better we can create an environment that ignites innovation, leadership, and learning — the pillars of higher education.
I invite you or your organization to join us in creating an environment where interactions matter and where our students become the most prepared to work in a growingly diverse world and solve both local and global problems.
Specifically, your support strengthens:
- Education. Creating more inclusive learning environments so our students are prepared to lead in an engaging and growingly diverse world.
- Programs. Developing and offering experiences for the UNL community and Nebraskans that offer perspectives and bridges cultural knowledge.
- Infrastructure. Strengthening the offices ability to connect people across our institution and within the community while serving as a resource for UNL and the state.
- Nebraska’s Workforce. Identifying and supporting top talent to work, teach, an d study at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln, allowing faculty, staff, and students’ expertise and talent to fuel innovation in our state and the world.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion has developed several priorities to promote and expand inclusive excellence practices and policies throughout the institution. Funding will directly assist in providing high-impact and high-quality programs that support historically underrepresented students, student recruitment and retention, and social innovation and cultural leadership development among future leaders. Priorities also include the establishment of a learning and innovation hub for diversity, equity and inclusion education for campus, community, and industry, positioning UNL and Nebraska as a regional leader in providing comprehensive and coordinated diversity and inclusion education. To direct your contribution to a specific effort please use the below key and include the appropriate designation in the "Notes" section of the gift information page.
- General Support (non-specified) - this area funds the greatest need that may include operations, programs, and faculty, staff, and student sponsored-efforts.
- Student Diversity (Inclusive Student Excellence) - this area funds efforts aimed at supporting UNL student success and learning, including the Office of Academic Success and Intercultural Services (OASIS).
- Diversity Education and Programs - this area funds initiatives and programs that foster diversity education, leadership development, learning, and cultural awareness for UNL and the greater community.
Support may be in the form of mentorship, volunteerism, and/or financial commitment. For more information on how you can support or invest in diversity and inclusion at UNL, please contact us at email@example.com.